Chamomile Milk Tea
Chamomile Milk Tea is a frothy, warming, honey-vanilla latte made with our Chamomile Dream Organic Herbal Tea. The perfect nighttime beverage to melt away your daily stress and promote sleep.
This delightful sleepy time milk tea is delicately sweet, creamy and caffeine-free. Adding ginger creates a warming effect and it’s just what you need to relax and unwind after a busy stressful day.
- Milk or non-dairy of choice – 2 cups (additional 1/3 cup milk for frothing, if desired).
- Chamomile Dream Organic Herbal Tea – 4 tea sachets (non-GMO pyramidal tea bags) or 4 teaspoons loose leaf tea
- Honey – 2 tablespoons or to taste (or sugar substitute of choice)
- Vanilla – 1 teaspoon
- Ground dried ginger – ½ teaspoon or 1-inch knob fresh peeled and sliced
- Heat milk or non-dairy in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering (205 degrees F or 96 degrees C). This step takes about 5 minutes. Do NOT boil! (keep your eyes on the saucepan because boiled over milk spills are messy!)
- Remove milk or non-dairy from heat. Add Chamomile Dream Organic Herbal Tea, honey, vanilla and ginger. Steep for 5 minutes with lid on.
- Remove tea sachet or strain out loose leaf tea. If you used fresh ginger remove that now. Stir.
- If desired, froth 1/3 cup milk. Check out this handy tutorial on 8 Ways to Froth Milk without any special tools.
- Pour hot Chamomile Milk Tea into mugs. If desired, garnish with a little frothed milk or non-dairy of choice. Enjoy!
- To make this recipe vegan, please use a non-dairy of choice. We use almond milk and it is delicious. Exchange the honey with maple syrup or sugar alternative of choice.
- Ginger is a delicious warming herb. It’s a nice contrast to the cooling attributes of chamomile and spearmint in the Chamomile Dream Organic Herbal Tea.
- Adjust honey to your desired taste. Feel free to use a sugar alternative of choice.
- If you suffer from gastroesophageal reflex disease (GERD), be sure to try our plain Chamomile Organic Herbal Tea WITHOUT milk. According to John Hopkins, the fat in milk can actually aggravate acid reflux. In addition, according to Harvard Health, the spearmint in Chamomile Dream Organic Herbal Tea may relax the sphincter between the esophagus and stomach and cause acid reflux, so drink the plain Chamomile instead.
5 Reasons to Love Chamomile Milk Tea
- No caffeine in our Chamomile Dream Milk Tea.
- Chamomile tea is a natural sleep and mood enhancer
- The warmth of the milk makes you feel sleepy
- Ginger promotes digestion
- Vanilla and honey are aromatics that have that feel good factor.
Do you have problems sleeping?
It’s a common problem that everyone encounters. Are you are having a hard time sleeping because your mind is racing? Maybe, you are thinking about your job, finances, the children and just life in general. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. There are more natural ways to promote sleep than medications. Be sure to start good sleep habits and try our honey chamomile tea latte instead.
How to Make Chamomile Tea for Sleep
Our delicious Chamomile Dream Organic Herbal Tea is lovely all on its own. Whether, you enjoy it a bedtime or during an afternoon break, we are certain that you will enjoy this signature blend. The NIH suggests that it can take between 1-1.5 hours for the health benefits of chamomile tea such as mild tranquillizer, sleep-inducer and sedative effects to work.
In a perfect world, we like to initiate our sleep hygiene routine about 2 hours before we actually turn the lights out. Get cozy, make tea and let your mind rest. Try not to work late into the evening but instead do something that is relaxing for you. Maybe, that is even making a “to-do list” for the next day. Once the to-do list is on paper, you know exactly what needs to be tackled the next day. Now, your mind can relax. Sip, savor and then sleep!
Mental Health Tea
Your days can be stressful. Life happens. It is how we respond to life’s stresses that determines our wellness. We know some days can be really difficult. Be good to yourself. Take some me time and be sure to check out our mental health teas for more delicious selection of therapeutic teas. We have teas to help with sleep and relaxation and others like our Morning Blend Organic Tea to help with cognition and mental alertness.
Cherish Those Little Moments
Work, school and all the to do tasks are overwhelming. Please take 5 personal minutes just for you.
- Enjoy those first sips of your hot tea.
- Embrace those crazy mornings getting the kids to eat breakfast and on task. They will be all grown up before you know it.
- Take a minute to just enjoy the minute. You will never get that minute back.
- Be good to yourself!
Stay well, live in the moment and take care.