Immune Boosting Orange Ginger Latte
Immune Boosting Orange Ginger Latte is a delicious frothy cold and flu buster bullet tea made with our ImmuniTea Organic Rooibos Tea, anti-inflammatory turmeric, warming ginger and freshly squeezed orange juice to keep you healthy.Serves 1
- 1 sachet or 1 heaping teaspoon loose leaf ImmuniTEA Organic Rooibos Tea
- 6 ounces of hot water (195 degrees F or 90 degrees C)
- 1 teaspoon of honey or sugar alternative of choice (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground dried Turmeric (or 1-inch knob fresh peeled and chopped turmeric)
- 1 teaspoon - 1 tablespoon pure MCT (Medium Chain Triglycerides) oil (or liquid organic coconut oil)
- Juice of 1 fresh orange (or about 1/3 cup orange juice)
- Brew ImmuniTea Organic Rooibos Tea in hot water for 3 minutes. Remove sachet or loose-leaf tea. If desired, add honey (or sugar alternative of choice) to sweeten and stir.
- Add the brewed ImmuniTea Organic Rooibos Tea, ground dried or fresh turmeric, liquid organic coconut oil (MCT oil) and the juice of a freshly squeezed orange to your blender. Blend until smooth and frothy.
- You may use either dried ground turmeric or freshly peeled and chopped turmeric in our Immune Boosting Tea recipe. Fresh turmeric, if available, adds a delicious brightness to this bullet tea.
- Adding a little honey or a sugar alternative of choice is completely optional. If you want to keep this recipe vegan, then use either maple syrup or sugar alternative of choice. If you are feeling under the weather, honey can soothe a sore throat.
- If you are new to liquid organic coconut oil or MCT oil, start out with just one teaspoon. When your body adjusts, you can slowly move up to one tablespoon per serving as tolerated.
- If you do not have fresh oranges, you can substitute with orange juice.
Why You Are Going to Love Our Immune Boosting Orange Ginger Latte
Just one sip of this warming nourishing ImmuniTEA Boosting rooibos latte and you will be on your way to wellness. This delicious caffeine free citrus tea beverage is packed with brain boosting healthy fats and anti-inflammatories to help you recover, restore and protect your health.
However, the reason why we love it is because this golden turmeric tea tastes bright, fresh with a punch of ginger. In addition, it doubles as a quick on the go breakfast or healthy snack. Our ImmuniTEA latte is caffeine free, so the kids can enjoy it too.
Have you ever tried Rooibos Tea?
The tea base in our ImmuniTEA blend is rooibos. Rooibos is a delicious red bush tea from South Africa also known as Aspalathus linearis. This organic tea is smooth and gentle with a hint of natural sweetness. Actually, Rooibos is not actually a tea in the true sense of the word because it does not come from a Camellia sinensis plant. Instead, it comes from an African Red Bush that is actually part of the legume family.
Health Benefits of ImmuniTEA Organic Rooibos Tea
Rooibos tea is low in tannins, caffeine free, rich in antioxidants, a good heart protector and is calorie free. Our ImmuniTEA Organic Rooibos Tea also has Ginger Root, Lemon Peel, Rosemary, Cloves, Chili Pepper and Pink Peppercorn. These are fabulous warming spices to nourish your body and promote wellness. The ginger can help with digestion and nausea.
However, we bet you did not know that Rooibos tea can help protect you against viruses. According to the Sage Journals, “Of the extracts tested, an alkaline extract of Aspalathus linearis demonstrated the strongest inhibition against influenza A virus and could also inhibit different types of influenza viruses, including Oseltamivir-resistant influenza viruses A and B.”
Health Benefits of Turmeric
Whether you enjoy a little dried ground or freshly grated turmeric root in your Immune Boosting Orange Ginger Latte, you will be surprised what a little “curcumin”, the effective compound in turmeric, can do. According to NIH, turmeric is known for its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory mechanisms. The pink peppercorns in the ImmuniTea Organic Rooibos Tea help the turmeric to be absorbed into the body. If you like turmeric, be sure to try our Turmeric Ginger Organic Green Tea or our Go Go Goji Turmeric Organic Herbal Tea.
Health Benefits of MCT Oil vs Pure Liquid Organic Coconut Oil
Have you ever heard of bullet coffee? Bullet coffee is a high calorie coffee drink made to replace breakfast. It is usually made with coffee, grass fed butter and MCT oil.
We took a fun spin on bullet coffee and made “bullet tea” but without the butter. Instead, we added turmeric and orange juice to our immune boosting tea to pack in extra delicious antioxidants and nutrients.
Medium Chain Triglyceride (MCT) oil are easy to digest fats. When you add pure MCT oil to your Immune Boosting Orange Ginger Latte, it gives it body and froth and makes a delicious “Bullet Tea”. In addition, MCT oil can help you feel fuller longer and give you additional brain boosting power. Pure organic liquid coconut oil can also be used in our recipe. However, it does not have as much ketone energy, compared to pure MCT oil.
A potential benefit and caution about MCT oil (or pure coconut oil) is it can make you more regular. If you are new to MCT oil, start out with one teaspoon only in our recipe and can advance slowly one teaspoon at a time up to 1 tablespoon of MCT oil.
Fresh Orange Juice
Freshly squeezed orange juice gives this immune boosting orange ginger latte a blast of extra vitamin C and is naturally sweet. Vitamin C can help protect your immune system and promote wellness.
Hungry for more? Check out our other delicious recipes.